Saturday 16 April 2016

Read, Rate, Review!

Just for a moment I'd like to remind you, dear readers, of ratings and how important they are to "indie" authors. Unlike authors who work for big book publishers, marketing is all on the writer. And marketing is *hard*. I'll admit I'm not great at it--that's an understatement--between working and editing and writing, seeking out book reviewers and pitching ideas is something I know I suck at and am really trying to get better at.
However, there is something you can do to help. And that's by reviewing what you've read that I've written. I'm sure you're like me, it's difficult to take a chance on a book that has few, if any, reviews. Reviews on Amazon--and Goodreads--are absolutely *vital* to spreading the word to others.
So, the next time you read one of my books and when your kindle prompts you to rate it after you finish it, would you please just check how many stars you thought it was worthy of? It's very simple to do and it ends up being an amazing help to me.
And in case you didn't know, I have a Goodreads page, too! All my books are on there as well as books I've read and rated.
Again, I hate to pander (part of the reason I'm so bad at marketing) but if you can spare a few seconds, you have no idea how grateful I'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment